Pages

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

We're All His Rock 'N' Roll Children

What a tragedy to have lost one of the great rock and metal singers/artists of all time.  Ronnie James Dio, having lost the battle with stomach cancer, will be sorely missed.  From www.ronniejamesdio.com:

Message from Wendy Dio

Today my heart is broken, Ronnie passed away at 7:45am 16th May. Many, many friends and family were able to say their private good-byes before he peacefully passed away. Ronnie knew how much he was loved by all. We so appreciate the love and support that you have all given us. Please give us a few days of privacy to deal with this terrible loss. Please know he loved you all and his music will live on forever.
- Wendy Dio 
I was a late-arrival when it comes to really discovering RJD.  It wasn't until I was around 24 years old that I picked up my first Dio album, "The Very Beast of Dio".  I didn't know that much of his music, but I was really liking "Holy Diver" and "Man on the Silver Mountain" at the time, so I decided to pick it up.  As soon as "Stand Up and Shout" kicked in, I knew that I had made a good purchase and would enjoy more of RJD's music.

Whether with Black Sabbath, Rainbow, Elf (which I don't know much about), Heaven and Hell, or solo, Ronnie James Dio embodied the spirit of heavy metal.  Hell, for being the guy who popularizing the devil horns hand gesture, you almost have to bow down and acknowledge him as the King of Rock and Roll.  The world has lost a musical pioneer and legend, and according to many who knew him, one hell of a human being.  Rest in peace, Ronnie James Dio.  And thank you.  \m/

1 comment:

  1. Everything is very open and very clear explanation of issues. It contains truly information. Your website is very useful. Thanks for sharing.
    happy wheels
    super mario bros
    pacman
    agario

    ReplyDelete

Real Rock News

Classic Rock Magazine News

Blabbermouth.net News