Pages

Saturday, May 1, 2010

What's This Ringing In My Ears?

It's coming up on that time of year again when summer concert tours start getting into full swing.  I'm always on the lookout for value concerts such as county fairs, since I think the whole Ticketmaster/Live Nation this is a bunch of bullshit, but some acts would be worth seeing regardless.

I think the Scorpions would be great to see this year, since they're promoting a new album and have openers such as Ratt, Cinderella and Tesla.  Normally, hearing lots of new music might sour some people on new album tours, but this album, "Sting in the Tail", fucking rocks!  I can't get enough of it since I bought it.  I've only listened to one song from the new Ratt album, but I thought it was pretty decent.

Alice is out again doing his Theater of Death tour which I saw last year and posted a review on.  I wouldn't mind seeing it again, especially if the price is similar to the $6 it cost last year.  I really hope he comes out with a concert DVD for these tours.  I'll never forget it.

Lastly, one concert I would really love to see (I'd love to see Tom Petty & ZZ Top as well, but I don't have much to say about it) is Rush.  This is probably the least likely, as they'll command higher ticket prices.  I know that bitching about $50+ for grass seats is probably being a cheap son-of-a-bitch, but hey, it's me.  On this tour, Rush is playing "Moving Pictures" in its entirety.  That would be pretty awesome, as I don't know if they've ever done something like that before.

Anyways, check out what's coming to your area, look for some smaller venues with great classic acts, and enjoy the show.  Rock on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Rock News

Classic Rock Magazine News

Blabbermouth.net News